Collection of User Information
The Claytess Jewellers website (hereafter referred to as ‘the website’) allows you to navigate through the content and product pages without revealing any personal information. However, with certain services we provide on the website, we will require you to submit personal information for us to provide these services to you.
Where feasible, we will allow you to choose how we will use this information. In order for us to provide a better service to you, we may use this information:
- to action your enquiries and requests;
- for the collection of data relating to customer demographics, behaviour, preferences and interests and/or the collection of data relating our website, services, product offers, marketing and promotional efforts for internal marketing analysis;
- As required by authorities for record-keeping and/or for internal record-keeping; and
- for direct and email marketing i.e. new products, promotions, special offers and other information that we think might be of interest to you.
Should you want to withdraw consent for Claytess Jewellers to utilise the user information or share it with third parties, you are able to opt out by contacting us via email at [email protected]
Distribution of User Information
All information gathered on this website remains the property of Claytess Jewellers and will not be distributed nor divulged to third parties other than:
- our courier to transport your order to you;
- our payment gateway provider to validate and administer a transaction;
- a requirement by law;
- a registered financial provider (bank) in order to, but not limited to, confirm a transaction; and/or prevent abuse and/or fraud; and
- any successor in title of this business.
For us to provide world-class service to our customers, Claytess Jewellers may use third-party suppliers to perform certain services on our behalf. These include, but are not limited to, shipping, payment processing, data storage and management, assembly, analytics, marketing, mailing and emailing. These third-party providers only receive information required to perform their duties and whilst Claytess Jewellers has made and will continue to make every attempt to ensure that personal information is kept private, we cannot be held liable if such information is shared on by them.
Updating & Amending User Information
If the information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish to have your details removed from our contact database, please email us at [email protected]. We will correct or update the information at the earliest opportunity.
With regards to contests or promotions, your user information may be disclosed to third parties involved with these, including without limitation for purposes of posting your entry with an acknowledgement or otherwise as permitted in the official rules for the promotion in question, fulfilling your prize or including your name on a winners list. When you enter a promotion, we may require of you to consent to the use of your user information or other information, such as name or voice for example, in advertising, promotional and marketing materials.
Click-Stream Data and Third Party Technologies
Every time you visit our website, our server collects nameless information. This information includes:
- The type of system and browser you are using;
- The address of the site you came from and move to after your visit;
- Your visit’s date and time;
- The website pages you have visited; and
- The IP address of your server.
We also may permit third-party companies to assist us in tailor-made advertising that we think might be of interest to you, based on your use of our website and your use of the internet.
Claytess Jewellers will be indemnified by you against any loss, damage or cost incurred arising out of your use of the website, any of its services or any information accessible over or through the website, including information obtained from linked sites, your submission or transmission of information or material on or through the website or breach of these terms and conditions or any other laws, regulations and rules. Claytess Jewellers will also be fully indemnified by you against any claims that information which you have submitted to us is in violation of any law or in breach of any third-party rights (including but not limited to claims in respect of defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of confidence, infringement of copyright or infringement of any other intellectual property right). We reserve the right to solely defend and control any claims arising from the above and any such indemnification matters and that you will fully assist us in any such defence.
Security & Storage
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. State-of-the-art encryption technologies are used when collecting or transferring customer information exchanged with our website service.